Microsurgery is a medical subspecialty that uses an operating microscope and its magnification to obtain tissue transfer.
Through the union of arteries, veins, nerves and lymphatic vessels any zone of the body can be repaired.
Its therapeutic applications are quite varied and include, amongst others:
- Breast and cancer reconstruction
- Tumours on the head and neck
- Facial paralysis
- Reconstruction of extremities
- Vasectomy correction and penis reconstruction
Take into account
Each case will need a different surgery in time and techniques applied. The doctor makes an initial assessment and informs the patient of the number of estimated surgeries and the recovery time of each of them.
- Females who have been subjected to a mastectomy
- Individuals with physical and/or functional after-effects following the removal of a tumour
- Individuals with physical and/or functional after-effects following an accident
- Individuals with after-effects of facial paralysis
- Males wishing to reverse a vasectomy
- Improved health
- Improved or recovered function
- Recovered body image
- Emotional recovery
- Improved self-esteem and femininity